About:

I have another page meant to examine the world from the eyes of a new high school graduate. I felt that this was very impersonal, so I began this page to share my life with readers. Crazy, fun, and challenging,are just a few, simple words to describe my life. I hope you will buckle up and take this ride called life with me, and enjoy being a passenger in the beauty of it all.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

God's Gifts are Sometimes so Small

      This is a fact that never ceases to amaze me, something I have pondered repeatedly these last couple days. You see, I decided last week to go job hunting for the first time. I do mean first. I've never been employed before and was anticipating many hard shut-downs. I didn't expect what would happen, was not surprised when it did, and could only begin to thank God over and over again.
      The first places I went for applications informed me they were both hiring, but did not seem enthused by my appearance. I sulked away, wondering if everyone would regard me in such a manner. Since Round Table was right next door to them, I decided "why not?". I walked in and waited patiently for the cashier to finish with customers, and asked if they were hiring. She immediately perked up, smiled, and replied "Actually, we are!". She told me to return the application tomorrow at 2-o'clock and ask for the manager, Jenny. I was so trying not to happy dance on the spot, considering she didn't make one intimidating face at me!
      I returned the next day and was in for another surprise- the manager interviewed me right then and there! My nerves were working of course, and it took me a while to get the hang of talking about myself. I relayed to her my school experiences and experiences with volunteer work, and she actually looked surprised herself. I don't know if my lack of experience even mattered, at that point. At the end she gave me instructions for the things she needed and to return them to her. She added that, based on my interview, my chances for getting the job looked good.
      I came back upon her instruction with the things she asked for, and she gave me a call saying as soon as I came in to fill out paperwork I had the job! First application turned in, first interview, first chance, first job! Someone told me I had beginners luck. Personally, I believe different.
       I'm hoping to go to college for christian counseling. In order to do so however, I needed extra money. Here's the catch- I wasn't being selfish, I honestly wanted the money to do God's work. He was watching over me, and gifted me with something great so that I could make it happen. That's something people often take for granted, or don't even realize. When your doing God's work, He is always watching after you.

No comments:

Post a Comment