About:

I have another page meant to examine the world from the eyes of a new high school graduate. I felt that this was very impersonal, so I began this page to share my life with readers. Crazy, fun, and challenging,are just a few, simple words to describe my life. I hope you will buckle up and take this ride called life with me, and enjoy being a passenger in the beauty of it all.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weirdest Summer Weather

      The sky is still grey, and a steady drizzle has taken over. The streets are wet and covered in puddles, that  spray as cars drive by. I fear the sun is hiding its face from us in a blanket of clouds, shying away from its seasonal duties.
      This time last year I spent at the beach, laughing and being sprayed by salty ocean air. Now, the only spray i'm getting is rain and pizza sauce. I hoped to spend a lot of time at the beach this summer, but I needed a job, also. If the weather doesn't warm up soon, I fear my beach visits will be even more limited.
      Every time iv'e left the house these last two days, iv'e seen kids walking through the streets, looking dazed. This is their extended school break after all, not meant to be spent indoors. I haven't heard the labored dribble of a basket ball, or stressful scream of a serious game of tag in a long time. These are the things I have come to relate to summer, but for now I am sadly let down.
      I have a feeling tonight will be busy tonight at work. Unexpected bouts of rain always make people drowsy and lazy. It means that I will probably hear the squeals of child play after all however, due to the limited arcade games in our Round Table.
       At least I have one thing to cheer my hopes- I bought an Alex Cross novel on my Nook last night. Iv'e come to find this weather to be perfect for reading, not that its a requirement. I'd read this book if it were 102 right now! James Patterson, the author of the Alex Cross series, is definitely my favorite author. He is a brilliant writer, and this series always keeps me at the edge of my seat. Well, more like out of it, while chanting "I just want to know what happens next!". (Much to my dad's annoyance.) If you love suspense novels, I fully recommend this one. I will warn you though, Alex Cross is a detective. It gets pretty scenic and was absolutely not written for younger readers. (If you have kids like my sister and I, who couldn't be satisfied by all the books in the world because there's never enough, I will recommend the Maximum Ride series. James Patterson wrote this also, and my sister and I were entranced with these ones!)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment